Rehabilitation and Therapy Services in Dallas, Texas
Crossing the bridge that heads back home.
The demands of recovering from stroke, heart attack, joint replacement, illness or surgery are physical, mental and emotional. Patients must often push themselves beyond their own expectations to regain independence. To do this, they need quality care and progressive rehabilitation services from professionals who thoroughly understand these challenges, and who offer compassionate support every step of the way.
Whether you require inpatient or outpatient rehab therapy, the in-house, Medicare-certified team at the David Louw Rehabilitation Center at Grace Presbyterian Village can help you regain your independence.
We collaborate with your own health care specialists, your loved ones, and our own interdisciplinary team to create your individual care plan. Membership to the Hillcrest Spa and Fitness Center is typically included with therapy. We maintain a high nurse-to-patient ratio with professionals that include physiatrists, wound care specialists, psychologists, and specialists in physical therapy, speech and occupational therapy.
You have a choice.
When your doctor orders rehabilitation services, you can request where you receive them. You don’t have to be a resident of Grace Presbyterian Village to complete your rehab here. We serve the general public in addition to our own residents. At Grace, you receive tailored therapy and personal care for a shorter stay and a better outcome.
Advanced treatments at the David Louw Center
You’ll see faster relief and recovery from pain and muscle weakness through stimulation therapy, ultrasound therapy and diathermy. We also offer intense stroke recovery programs with the use of Bioness® technology, helping to improve ambulation, and to promote faster muscle return for injured hands.
Our services can include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Joint replacement rehab
Inpatient residents may take advantage of:
- Housekeeping and dining services
- Group and individualized activities
- Community common areas and courtyards
- Cable TV and wireless Internet
- Pet therapy
- Classes and entertainment
- Spa and salon services
- Worship activities
- Guidance for Medicare and Medicaid
- Post-discharge follow-up
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal injury or dysfunction, you want the best physical therapy available. Our program focuses on individualized therapeutic treatment to help restore function, and may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
Though similar, insofar as helping to restore strength and mobility, occupational therapy helps people adapt to their social and physical environment through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and language pathologists address general communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for such individual needs as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including programs for the hearing-impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations
Yes. And they’re covered by Medicare, Medicare Advantage and private insurance.