Memory Care Services in Dallas, Texas
They’re your memories, too.
A loved one struggling with age-related memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, lives in the moment — and that’s where the memory care team at Grace Presbyterian Village attempts to connect. Our belief is that Each Moment Matters, and we focus our efforts on helping memory care residents live each moment with as much purpose and meaning as possible.
Grace Presbyterian houses discrete units employing advanced protocols for early-, mid- and late-stage Alzheimer’s care. Our Camellia unit features an exceptionally long-tenured staff, as well as an award-winning, prototypical memory courtyard specifically designed to support early-stage Alzheimer’s residents. Our 1 Jones mid-stage unit has been recognized by the state of Texas as a pilot project unit for its innovative design, and our 2 Anderson end-stage care unit was featured on NBC Nightly News and noted as “the most appropriate care setting in the entire nation.”
Personal. Certified. Uncompromising.
We also recognize that an individual’s memory loss can affect more than just one person. And so we work with residents, family members and caregivers, searching for the perfect balance of day-to-day respect and care. Our high-quality services are delivered by consummate professionals with an average tenure on staff of 8.5 years. Their skills and experience help your loved one experience more meaningful moments and more fulfilling days. In Dallas and Oak Cliff, you can find unparalleled help with memory care at Grace Presbyterian Village.
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24/7
- Medication administration
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Chef-prepared cuisine to meet special dietary needs
- Emphasis placed on understanding and responding to each individual’s wants and needs
- Access to a full continuum of care
- Special activities and socialization programming
- Exercise to help maintain motor coordination with activities such as Tai Chi, yoga and chair fitness
- Music therapy to stimulate memory and create uplifting feelings
- Art therapy to enhance fine motor coordination
- Cognitive therapy using games, books and trivia to boost brain function and strengthen the mind
- Aquatic therapy for dementia patients
- Well-designed studio apartment residences
- Comfortable, relaxing common living areas
- Dining venue specifically appointed to address the needs of residents
- Secure garden courtyard with outdoor seating and dining areas
- Protected, outdoor walking path
- Beauty salon/barbershop
To arrange a personal tour of the memory care residency options here at Grace, contact us via the
Quick Form, or call 1-800-501-6877.
Frequently Asked Questions
Patients who are cognitively challenged, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, require more attention and a higher level of security than residents in assisted living. Memory care residences at Grace are carefully designed to ensure that residents feel safe and secure. Our program is structured to build confidence in an environment that promotes choice and celebrates accomplishments through familiar schedules and surroundings.
Dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that are severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. This group of symptoms is not a disease per se, but may accompany certain diseases or conditions. Dementia is irreversible when caused by disease or certain injuries. It may be partially or fully reversible when caused by drugs, alcohol, depression or imbalances in certain substances, such as hormones or vitamins.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia. It is a progressive, degenerative disease of the brain, characterized by loss of function and death of nerve cells in several brain areas, leading to loss of recent memories and new learning first, and eventually old memories, too.